The potato salad that I make is always popular but so easy to make. It is a recipe that my mother taught me & in fact she’ll be making the potato salad for Christmas Day. You can also make this recipe with sweet potato as well. On Christmas day I’ll be making a different sweet potato salad (I just sub almond/coconut milk with a splash of vinegar for the buttermilk to make it dairy free) & coleslaw (I use whole egg mayonnaise instead of coleslaw dressing).
Here’s my potato salad recipe:
- 3 large brushed potatoes
- 2 rashers of bacon
- 4 shallots
- 2 heaped tbsp whole egg mayonnaise (or to taste)
- Wash & peel the potatoes. Cut the potatoes into cubes.
- Place in a large saucepan & cover with warm water.
- Bring to the boil, once boiling turn it down low to simmer for about 10 mins or until potatoes are soft when tested with a fork.
- Meanwhile chop the back into small pieces & cook either in a frypan or in the microwave. Slice the shallots.
- Drain the potatoes once they are cooked & place into a serving dish or bowl.
- Add the cooked bacon, sliced shallots & mayonnaise. Stir to combine. Refrigerate to cool before serving.
Note: You can easily change the quantities to feed more or less people. I usually do about 1 large potato for each 2 people it will be serving but often have leftovers, which my family enjoys.
Do you have a favourite salad recipe?