At one stage I was blogging regularly about the past weeks menu. Here’s the link to the last one I posted, well over a year ago. I don’t plan to start this regularly again but thought I’d share some of what’s been on our menu in the last 10 days or so.
Some of my breakfasts have included:
- many mornings have started with a hot ginger & lemon drink before breakfast
- scrambled eggs with fried mushrooms and avacado
- grain free granola from Life Changing Food Cookbook with diced pear/banana & coconut yoghurt
- bacon and eggs
- leftover mince from the sausage rolls fried with some mushroom & egg scrambled through it and served with some avacado
Some of our homemade snacks have included:
- Peanut Butter Cookies – (video of recipe coming soon)
- Chocolate Slice
- Apricot Coconut Slice made using my GF Raspberry Coconut Slice recipe but I used apricot jam instead of raspberry jam.
- Hummus from Life Changing Food Cookbook.
- Maple Quinoa Biscuits using this Honey Oat Biscuit Recipe from Itchin’ Kitchen with the suggested adaptions to make them gluten free. I used quinoa flakes, desiccated coconut and hazelnut meal to replace the rolled oats. Next time I’m considering sandwiching them together to make like a Kingston Biscuit.
- Lemon Yoghurt Cake (Grain Free)
Some of my lunches have included:
- Salad with things like lettuce/cabbage, mushroom, carrot, tomato, cucumber, avocado, roast pumpkin, hard boiled egg, mayonnaise, sauerkraut and ham/salami sticks or leftover meat from dinner. Wouldn’t include everything in every salad, it just depends what I’ve got and feel like.
- Leftover Creamy Chicken and Brown Rice Soup
- Corn Thins Pizza
- lemon butter on corn thins
- often finish lunch with a handful of activated nuts
Some of our dinners in the past 10 days or so have included:
- Mini-Meatloaf Muffins from Against All Grain’s cookbook with the same name as the website
- Quick Chilli Beef
- Chicken/Beef Pasties with grain free dough from Quirky Cooking’s Life Changing Food Cookbook. Some were made with leftover Quick Chilli Beef Mince and I made a chicken filling for the rest. This is the second time I’ve made chicken pasties & this time I wrote down the recipe for the chicken filling so I can remember for next time.
- Creamy Chicken and Brown Rice Soup – I’ve seen this recipe talked about on the Quirky Cooking Facebook group for a long time but have never made it as my husband is not fond of soup. I made it to take to a Soup & Slippers evening. It reminded me of the cream of chicken soup that you can buy in a can but much nicer, dairy free, gluten free & healthier. I’ll definitely be making this again.
- Homemade pizzas with wheaten bought bases or grain free dough for the gluten free bases. I just roll about 80-85g of dough out for the base, toast it for a few minutes in the toasted sandwich maker, add the topping of choice and cook again in the toasted sandwich maker with the lid just resting on the topping, similar to the way my husband makes his corn thin pizzas.
- To use up the last of the grain free dough I made sausage rolls using the recipe from Quirky Cooking’s Life Changing Food Cookbook. If you are looking for a gluten free or grain free dough recipe you need to buy this cookbook just for that recipe. I’m not being sponsored for this post it is just a really great versatile recipe.
- Tonight I’m planning to have Slow Cooker Sesame Orange Chicken also from the Against All Grain cookbook.
What have you been having for breakfast, lunch, dinner or to snack on lately?