I have adapted this recipe from my version of a gluten free Shortbread Creams recipe that I use. Gluten free biscuits can often spread on the tray & you can end up with 1 large “biscuit”. However I’ve found that these work well. After experimenting more with making gluten free chocolate afghan biscuits, I believe that egg helps these biscuits keep their shape.
I have made these gluten free jam drops a few times now & my husband really likes them. When I made the last batch I had some leftover mock cream from making gluten free neenish tarts (mine had a little raspberry jam in the bottom, the mock cream & where topped royal icing & melted choc on one side). To use up the mock cream I made gluten free “neenish” jam drops. Once the jam drops were cooled, I simply added a little of the mock cream on top with a drizzle of melted chocolate over the top.
Here is my recipe for the jam drops:
Gluten Free Jam Drops
- 250g butter or dairy free alternative
- 167g brown rice flour
- 167g cornflour (corn starch)
- 83g tapioca flour
- 83 g yellow maize flour
- 2 eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 tsps vanilla extract
- rasberry jam
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line 3 cookie sheets with baking paper.
- Combine all ingredients except the jam in a food processor/ thermo machine (speed 6 10sec & then speed 2 for 2 mins)
- Roll tablespoons of dough into ball & place onto cookie sheet. Press down with thumb to flatten biscuit & make an indent.
- Place about 1/2 tsp jam in the indent of each biscuit
- Bake for 20 mins
- Allow the cookies to cool & enjoy or top with mock cream & a drizzle of chocolate to make “neenish” jam drops.
Do you have a fail proof gluten free cookie recipe?