Recently I attended a Pop Up Blog Zone. It was led by Janet from Middle Aged Mama who I first met years ago when she was the editor of Footprints magazine & she spoke at our MOPS group. The topic was “Blogging for Money” which I have never really thought that I would do. I mainly attended to meet with other bloggers in real life.
I’m so glad that I went & have realised that I should attend more real life blog events.
Janet shared how it is possible to make some money from blogging, potential income streams & what you need to do to start blogging for money. We then shared an awesome afternoon tea. I was very grateful that Janet had especially provided gluten & dairy free food for me. (Would you believe I’m a food blogger & I didn’t take a photo of the yummy food!) After this we had a Mastermind session where anyone could ask about any blogging issue & get advice/help from everyone else.
Here are some things that I learnt from the event:
- that it is possible to make some money from blogging (not sure if I ever will)
- I will probably need to move to a self hosted blog so that I can do more with my blog (whether or not I ever look at things like affiliate marketing or selling products).
- I may need to treat my blog like work & have set times for working on my blog
- I should attend more real life blogging events
- I can probably add more to my existing blog & don’t need to start a 2nd blog
In regards to that last point I have been considering blogging about some of the things that I do in my role as Faith Formation Pastor but feeling like I couldn’t manage another blog. During the mastermind session I was reassured that this blog “Feed My Family” with the tag line “body, mind, heart & soul” would fit with posts about passing on faith & intergenerational events we run at church.
So watch this space you may see some changes to this blog in the coming months.
If you’re a blogger do you attend many real life blogging events?