Last night I had mince out ready to cook but hadn’t decided exactly what I was going to make with the mince. At 5 o’clock with my daughter leaving the house about 6pm I had to decide what to cook. I was thinking some sort of savoury mince but we had eaten a few rice dishes lately & my daughter really doesn’t like pasta, so I wasn’t sure what to serve it with. I looked in the cupboard & saw the kidney beans & a jar of salsa, so made a dish with those & served it with wraps or corn chips. It was an kind of an easier version of my Quick Chilli Beef.
I simply browned mince with an onion, added some vegies, the kidney beans & the salsa & let it simmer. My son asked if I had added any chilli powder or taco seasoning, so he added some taco seasoning.
And the best part of all, it only took about 30 minutes to make.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 500g beef mince
- 1 onion
- 1 cob corn
- 1/2 zucchini
- 3 or 4 mushrooms
- 1 400g tin kidney beans
- 1 300g jar mild chunky tomato salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- Heat oil in fry pan. Chop onion. Brown mince & onion.
- Chop corn off the cob, chop zucchini & mushrooms. Add to mince & stir.
- Add kidney bean, salsa & water to mince & stir.
- Stir in taco seasoning.
- Let simmer to reduce slightly.
- Serve with corn chips or wraps, along with lettuce, cheese & avocado.
You could use whatever vegetable you like. I just had a look what was in our fridge & chose from that.
What quick, easy meals have you made lately?