I would like to thank Joelle from Sulfite-Free Cooking for nominating me for this award. I recently found her blog and was attracted to it because our husbands seem to have similar stories, with working out about being intolerant to sulfites and other foods. Joelle shares a lot of gluten free, dairy free & additive free recipes so please check out her blog.
Here follows information copy & pasted about the award:
WHAT IS MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
3 Things about myself:
- I live in beautiful Brisbane, Queensland, Australia with my husband & 2 teenage children. I am a born & bred Queenslander, though I have Scottish (my father was born in Scotland but has been in Australia so long, he would call himself Australian), English & even Indian heritage.
- I love summer and even though we have been experiencing a particularly hot summer, I still say Queensland is the best place to live. We are fortunate to live in a house that often gets beautiful breezes in the afternoon. I would much rather be hot than cold.
- Another passion of mine, apart from food intolerances and recipes to go with that, is passing on faith at home and including children in worship. Thus I enjoy my work as a Family Pastor and particularly helping resource households with materials or ideas to talk about faith.
The answers to Joelle’s Questions:
Do you have a motto?
Not really but something that has come through strongly from my mother and I have tried to pass onto my children is “Do to others what you want them to do to you.”
What makes your day?
The simple things like when we get to eat dinner together as a family. This is happening less often as my children get older & become more independent so I am grateful when it happens. It also makes my day when my children do something that makes me think we have done/are doing a good job in raising them.
What do you find hardest when blogging?
The thing I find hardest when blogging is getting the time to blog. I have lots of ideas but way less than half would actually make it to blog posts. Sometimes when I do get time to blog I second guess myself and don’t follow through with ideas that I have had.
The name of an unusual dish you would like to share ?
Puftaloons – basically fried scones made from flour & milk. I haven’t tried these gluten & dairy free but may give this a go soon. This is a recipe originally from my mother’s family that we only ever had occasionally growing up, as a treat. My father doesn’t like them & he’s always called them Pordage’s (my mothers maiden name) Uneatable Food That All Loonies Savoured. My children love them & my daughter has often requested this for breakfast when she has had friends over for a sleepover.
If you were a tour guide, what place would you show me?
The Carnarvon Gorge – A beautiful National Park in Central Queensland that I visited often as a teenager, when we lived much closer to it. It would be about a 7 -8 hour drive from Brisbane.
The Inspiring Bloggers I am Happy to Nominate:
- Cate from Life Behind the Purple Door
- Toni from Finding Myself Young
- Nikki from Wonderfully Women
- Janet from Middle Aged Mama
- Anna from Beach Books Blog
- Anisa from I Accidently Ate the Whole Thing
- James from A Streamlined Mind
- Jess from Itchin’ Kitchen
- Sarah from Clever Cook
- Laura from Dairy Free Kids
My 5 Questions for them:
- What is your favourite kitchen item?
- When are you happiest?
- What is your advice for fellow bloggers?
- Where in the world would you like to visit?
- What do you eat for breakfast?
My Best Posts:
One of my favourite ones is Letting Go