I have been making frypan pizza for years, using a recipe from the book that came with my electric frypan. Ever since my husband has been gluten free I have been making a gluten & dairy free version of the pizza. I think after much trial and error, sometimes getting it right and not being able to replicate it; I think I finally have the recipe just about right. This recipe works well for my 26cm round frypan that I use on the stove.
GF & DF Frypan Pizza
- 1 cup GF flour
- 2tsp (9g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- sprinkle salt
- 40g butter
- 1/3 cup (92g) almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tbsp oil
- extra oil for brushing pan
- tom paste or pizza sauce
- preferred toppings
- dairy free cheese
- Combine flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt. Rub in butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add in milk and oil, mix to form a soft dough. Add more flour or liquid if necessary, so that the dough can easily be spread on the pan.
- Press dough into lightly oiled 26cm cold frypan.
- Spread with tomato paste or pizza sauce
- Top with preferred toppings. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Cover frypan.
- Heat frypan on medium heat for about 8-1o minutes or until base is golden & the cheese is melted.
Alternatively: Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until combined into a soft dough, then proceed from step 3.
I use Bio cheese (which is a coconut cheese that melts well and tastes like cheese).
Our preferred toppings are GF ham, GF salami sticks, tinned pineapple, pizza topper herbs and cheese. We also like adding cooked chicken if we have any. It is fairly basic but I then add things like mushroom, capsicum & avocado to mine after it is cooked or serve it with a salad.
What are your favourite pizza toppings?