My most used recipe book would be a recipe book my Mum originally compiled when I got married; called “Mothers’ & Others’ Recipes. It is full of tried and true recipes from her, my mother-in-law and others. She has since made new editions; when my brother got married, when my best friend got married and when my sister-in-laws sister got married.
All three recipes on the page are used regularly and are recipes from my childhood. I do tweak them to fit my families dietary requirements. So I thought I would share my version of the rissoles recipe.
- 500g beef mince
- 1 dessert sp French onion soup powder
- 25g quinoa flakes
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tsp GF Worcestershire sauce
- yellow maize flour to coat
- Mix all ingredients except yellow maize flour together.
- Heat oil in fry pan
- Shape mixture into rissoles and coat in the maize flour.
- Fry for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once during cooking.
I usually serve my rissoles with vegetables. They are also nice cooked on the BBQ and served with salad.
What tried & true family recipes do you use regularly?